I went to the store today to buy socks and underwear. I'm not really used to purchasing these items often. Every time I do, it takes an unnecessarily long time. For most of my life I didn't buy my own socks; my mother did. I'm not ashamed about that, but for the last few years I am a little ashamed at how long it takes (I know, I know, I should 'despise the shame').
Anyway, I like the ones that cover my ankles just enough, so that's what I got. I also got a set of black ones. "Why would you stray from the basic white?" Well, I was feeling a little frisky. I like routine, but whenever I get in my frisky mode I am game for about anything. Something else that makes my purchasing decision more difficult is sock size. I have pretty small feet. Again, I'm not ashamed about that; it makes me a better dancer. When I go to buy socks, though, it's pretty much a one-size-fits-all package. The bag says they fit size 6-12. When you're on the smaller end of that, you can end up having more sock than your shoe wants.
Now for underwear, there's a similar situation. While they make underwear small enough for me (and I appreciate that there's no one-size-fits-all bag), there are not a lot of options. Now I'll admit that I go to the cheap store to buy these items. I'm not ashamed about that; $12 for a 5-pack is better than $40 for a 4-pack. I go for the slightly more expensive underwear at the cheap store because I care about being comfortable down there. Again, not ashamed. To go back to what I was saying before, though, I don't find a lot of options. I like blue as much as the next guy, but I want some variety. Give me reds, greens, and purples. They're all blue, though. Oh sure, the manufacturers try to fool you by having both light blue and dark blue, but it's still blue. Seriously? How many Smurfs do you have to kill to supply us with 'intimate items'?
Maybe I'm just too picky.
Well, you made me laugh. I know that'll make you happy. I'm not sure, though, how I feel about knowing what color your underwear is.
ReplyDeleteDOn't smurfs whear whitie tighties?! :)
ReplyDelete