Friday, October 14, 2011

New Home Odds and Ends

I should have mentioned that I am really bad at blogging. If you're keeping up, you should know that I am not used to writing things out, so it may take a while to get into the habit. I appreciate your understanding.

I just moved last week to a new place, and so far it's pretty great! The weather is unbelievable! I don't know much more to say about it, but it really is awesome. It's quieter than I thought it would be. I've been to other places like this, and I presumed that I would be hearing traffic horns and vendors all the time. Interestingly enough, though, it's fairly quiet, and I don't mind it at all. It is loud in the mornings because these crazy birds will begin screaming at about 4:30am, which is when the sun has been coming up. All things considered, I've been sleeping pretty well.

My space is a small, two bedroom flat that I'm currently sharing with a pretty cool guy. Unfortunately, he's moving in six months, so I'll be out a roommate, but, at the same time, I'll be gaining a little more space. When I moved in, I began cleaning. I enjoy cleaning, really. I especially enjoy things being clean, so that factor is good motivation for me. Sometimes it's difficult to clean well and organize in this new place. The kitchen, for example, is incredibly small. The washer and dryer are taking up what could be cabinet space, and the bar could easily have cabinet/drawers underneath. Right now there are only two drawers and three and a half cabinets. As you can imagine, finding space for kitchenware is near impossible. Anyway, that's what I've been up to the last week or so, trying to figure out how to make the most of what has been allotted to me. I still need to replace the toilet seat (I found a new one in the box sitting in my living area), and I may also replace the trash cans. They are in pretty rough shape; if there's one thing I like being clean it's trash...hmm, I wonder why that is. One of the curiosities in this new place is internet. I have to purchase a box that I plug into my computer via USB. It has a sim card, and you have to buy credit. That seems strange to me, but that's what people do, I guess. I mostly just use the internet at work right now, but it's relatively slow (which is strange for how big of a city I'm in). I may get some internet just for calling friends and family.

That's what I have to say about that. I am enjoying the new place. I'm making friends plentifully, the food is great, and the cost of living is relatively inexpensive. Stay thirsty, my friends.

1 comment:

  1. We love you Jer. Hopefully we can talk soon.

    ReplyDelete